Monday, January 03, 2005

A Poem by Rumi

This being human is a guesthouse.
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
Some momentary awareness.
Comes as an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows
Who violently sweep your house
Empty of its furniture
Still treat each guest honorably.
He may be cleaning you out
For some new delight!
The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
Meet them at the door laughing,
And invite them in.
Be grateful for whoever comes,
Because each has been sent
As a guide from the beyond


-RUMI

4 comments:

Life is about managing for survival said...

Thank u very much for visitng my homepage and for ur time.Abt my MBA plans,I tried hard to apply for ISB PGP 2005 and postponed as I could not reach my best in some terms of application.To be precise,I had just 640 GMAT.
I understood that u r an ISB/MBA prospective with IT background.So,What are ur plans?.

Jayanta Chattopadhyay said...

Swarna,
Where else you have tried?
never mind....you will make it someday.
I am also planning dude...may be 2006..but i want a very clear cut picture of MBA for exp guys like us and where do i fit in and what exactly i should look from a program like isb-pgp.
This was one of the reasons i started blogging.
Hopefully i will get lots of insights from you guys.
Thanks.

Life is about managing for survival said...

I tried to apply for only ISB.Unfortunately,I was too late in starting the application process and could not retake the exam.
I also thought I should keep atleast 4 B school options open.This is something which I can't do in 2 or 3 months:).Bad planning as I woke up late.

From many of the MBA applicants and Alums ,I understood that 1 year is the time duration that is ideally required if u wanna apply for 4 B schools.(considering of retake of GMAT if required).So,gearing up for 2006.
Hope my mistakes can be ur lessons.Plz keep me updated on ur plans and write if u require any sort of help.
Together we can do better.

Jayanta Chattopadhyay said...

Swarna,
Thanks for the reply.
Surely will be in touch.